Since 1989, Cornerstone of Recovery has offered a new way to live for addicts and alcoholics seeking freedom from their disease. What started as a small operation (18 beds and 22 staff members) in a strip mall outside of Knoxville, Tenn., has grown into a four-facility campus on 25 acres overlooking the Little River in Blount County, with more than 200 beds and 250 staff members. Despite our growth, our commitment to recovery remains the same. Our commodity is hope, and the possibility that any addict or alcoholic can stop using and drinking, lose the desire to do so and find a new way to live.
- Offers a full spectrum of addiction treatment, from medical detox to residential inpatient to intensive outpatient.
- Cornerstone accepts most major insurance plans, and we will work with individuals on payment options for those who choose to private pay. Our sister facility, Stepping Stone to Recovery, is in network with two of the three major TennCare plans (Amerigroup and Bluecare) and offers the same spectrum of care at a lower cost.
- Cornerstone has a number of Aftercare meetings open to the public and to our alumni who wish to stay connected to a recovery community once they leave Cornerstone; in addition, we host several 12 Step recovery meetings and a weekly Refuge Recovery meeting on our campus.
- Patients will receive a number of one-on-one counseling sessions during their treatment at Cornerstone.
- As part of the treatment process, patients are part of a community of peers in one of our four primary treatment programs: Newcomers, Recovery Renewal, Young Adult or Women’s.
- All of our residential inpatient clients live on campus in our residential tower, and we have support living options for those who wish to stay in a protective environment while in Intensive Outpatient and beyond.